Save money by cutting the cable!

Save money by cutting the cable or as they say, “Ditch the dish.” I have been asked by a lot of people how much I pay for cable each month and my answer is nothing, as I only have internet through cable.  The next thing they ask is, “how do I watch television” and I tell them using an over the air antenna. I get plenty of shows to watch and really don’t miss having cable. Cable TV is nice but at a very steep cost and I really was over paying at around $200 a month for internet and cable, price including HD content.  With HD content free over the air and most of the shows I watch being on the major networks I get all the shows I want to watch for nothing.  Well I did have to purchase an antenna for $40.

I hooked up the antenna and got my channels discovered and then went to watching TV.  I talked to a friend and he told me he uses his own home made antenna and gets way more channels.  So being the geek that I am, I researched and found an article about making an antenna to pickup local over the air tv channels to see how it compared to the store bought model. I used the following instructions to build my antenna, click here for the step-by-step instructions. It’s not the prettiest thing to look at but works well and I have since replaced it with a larger model I purchased at Fry’s

Comments

Popular Posts