Best laid plans...

Well was excited to work on my new NAS and gathered up the drives, SATA 6 port controller, cables and the desktop. All the parts gathered together it was time to clean the stickers off the case. I had purchased the desktop before the end of November on clearance at one of the local computer centers near my home. This was to be a Windows Server but decided to switch to FreeNAS and forgo the headaches of setting it up for just a media server and for storing the small amount of data that I have.  I open up the case and to my surprise there is no expansion slots for the SATA card and only 2 onboard SATA ports.  That weekend project was a bust.  Heading to buy some computer parts this evening to get back on track and setup the girl friend with a new desktop computer.

Stay tuned for the actual build of the system.;

Comments

Popular Posts